Welcome

Thanks for visiting my site.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shady Characters

Football is a game I love. I have invested a lot of time and effort for the sake of it. I really get upset when an individual or individuals get involved in football for themselves. I don't mean accolades or even a salary. It's natural that a person will get rewarded in some way in a high-stake endeavour like sports. The people that bug me are the ones who cheat others for their gain.

Whether it is selling a false dream or taking someone's money for nothing, it bothers me. Unfortunately, with so many people trying to make it to the next level, there are too many opportunities to bamboozle folks in football. Recently, a team representative that recruited me pulled a move that has to rank amongst the top 10 worst moves I have ever come to know of. He had some sort of misunderstanding with the upper management of the team and decided to retaliate. He did this by telling all the players that were signed a lie. Luckily, I was not involved since I was signed by a reputable organization, but a friend of mine was, my agent was, and some of his clients were. 

The lie was big enough to alter a lot of lives. People are still dealing with it. People like this are bad for the sport. They have a big effect on the lives of young people and they're greed/egos destroy so much. I have seen league owners try to get their team a championship by altering rules. I have seen agents take money without results and ask for more money. I have seen team owners screw over players by not paying them or moving them to avoid federal authorities. I have seen leagues set up so they could collect money from players and never start a season. It happens from little league to pro leagues, but the more we bring it to light the less it should happen....hopefully. The more things like this happen, the less likely my son will have a chance to enjoy putting on the pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment