Welcome

Thanks for visiting my site.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 Camp Life: Day 1

Today was my first day in Arena Football. It was quite an experience. Once again, I have to say I have the best agent around. I got to the facility this morning and was nervous. I had no clue what to expect. Other teams have put guys on a two day waiver and have had the guys sit and watch (something I'm not a fan of). Would I just be run through drills, a fly on the wall, an actual part of practice, or what? I just knew I had to be prepared or anything. I walked in and did paper work, got gear, and it was time to get focused.

The facilities are impressive. Any notion that Arena Football is not professional is flawed. This place reminded me of the facilities we had in college, but better. I just sat and tried to get a vibe from the other players until we had the morning meeting/film session. This organization definitely takes care of the athletes mentally and physically. I was still nervous, but at least I knew a little of what I would be doing. I was going to at least get to hit. After the meeting/film session, we got in a van and headed to a complex that is shared with some of the biggest names in sports over the last 5 to 10 years. I was a little shaken. I told myself, "use this as motivation and have a great practice."



That's all for now. I'll check y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment