Welcome

Thanks for visiting my site.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Body Transformation: Day 1 of 84

The Catch Up It's been about a year and a half since I've written anything. 2014 was a busy year. I changed jobs twice, I started coaching at a different school, and living situations changed for the family. Those are just a few of the major highlights, but they are the moves/decisions that will affect my 2015 experience. Something I am semi proud of: I made a decision to make a major body change in 6 weeks and accomplished it. I lost 40 pounds and 4 percent body fat. I wish I had kept going, but that is life. Today I realized from last year's experience, I can do better. Two 12 week Body Transformation contest ate going on now! Bodybuilding.com and Labrador Nutrition are, each, holding contest. I intend to make noise in each one. My plan: strict nutrition monitored through spreadsheet (this worked well for me last year and was easy to carry around electronically), 2 to 3 workouts everyday except Sunday (again, this worked well for me last year. I was able to carry and track workouts electronically), and keep it fresh. Each part is important. I like to stress the last part of the plan because 12 weeks can seem like a long time. I have to treat it like a football season and allow my small victories amount to the larger victory: accomplishing my goals. My goals: plain and simple, I want a physique change (255 and <10% body fat); I need a physique change. My Programs: I am following two 12 Week programs and a 6 week program that will be repeated for the second half of the contest. Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred Duration: 6 Weeks This is a high intensity grind that I was introduced to last year. Every workout will involve the whole body, concentrate on 2 to 3 body parts. I like this program because of the exercise combinations and the progression. This will be my pm workout. Labrada Lean Body Duration: 12 Weeks I love this workout because it allows for a quick, effective morning workout before going to work. It is also broken down in phases. This will be my main am workout. 12 HMB-FA Experiment Duration: 12 Weeks I added this out of pure curiosity. It is broken down in three phases: 3 days a week for 8 weeks, then 5 days a week for 2 weeks of increased intensity, and, lastly, 5 days a week 2 weeks of decreased intensity. I sought to shock my system today: I did more than 30 minutes of cardio through various activities, I did three resistance exercises, and killed it with nutrition. I'm definitely feeling it right now, but it's worth it and I'm optimistic about what my results will be. You can follow my workout progress on bodybuilding.com through their social tool: Bodyspace. It's like Facebook for like-minded individuals and pets many support tools, workouts, tips, etc. They also have an app that is quite useful. That's all for now, I'll check y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment