Welcome

Thanks for visiting my site.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I found a stain on my Geoffrey Beene Shirt

Today, I found a stain on my Geoffrey Beene shirt, my only one. I am not a wealthy man by many standards, but I enjoy my life. And this is one of those things I am proud to own. Geoffrey Beene isn't a cheap label. I can't believe there is a stain on it! As I sat there staring at the stain, a very small one mind you, I asked myself many questions. "What is this?" "How did it get there?" "Why on this shirt of all shirts?" I had brief moment of panic. Of, I guess I could call it despair, but it wasn't that dramatic. I wasn't pleased.

Then, I notice it isn't too big. "Oh OK...it's on the back." I can still wear it with a jacket or something. For some reason, I became upset with myself. I was conceding. It made me wonder how many little moments like this come along in my life and I concede. I wonder if that is why I'm not playing in the NFL right now.

The funny thing is that people do things like this all the time and we don't realize that it could be a deterrent to our goals. "I'll just go through the motions on the set..." or "It's raining, I'll just take today off." It could be something out of our control (like my shirt) or something we could grab the reins of and ride all the way to our destination.

We have to be careful when conceding in situations because it could lead to settling. We know how dangerous that can be...



That's all for now. I'll check y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment